There It Is Again
13 Sep 2016
Some statements keep showing up!
“We are where we are because of the choices we make.”
I would love to argue this point to some degree. I did grow up in a difficult situation. We did not have the best of everything and my family struggled like many in the area where I grew up.
When I was younger I made excuses for myself that sounded like this:
- If I only had this or that.
- We can’t afford to do that.
- Why am I not very smart?
- Why can’t …
The excuses sounded like a pity party because they were.
You know my saying, you can make more money but you can not make more time. I was wasting time on the things I did not have and failed to see all that I did have.
- I was healthy.
- I had the ability to apply myself and learn (by reading).
- I had people around that ask to help (I gave them excuses why it would not work).
- I told myself it would not work, I did not deserve more.
Those were all choices or decisions I made as a young man.
Now that I am wiser I read, and love the chance to learn.
I am where I am because of my choices.
I may not be where I want to be, but I am not where I used to be and moving forward daily by my choices.
Where do you belong, where do you want to be?