How many times have you heard the statement, “oh, for the good old day”! Remember the days when life was easy? Let’s look back a few years and hit some of the high points. We will start in the 20’s, oh the music and the flappers, life was so much easier.
- 20’s the music, the flappers, what great memories, First Olympic Games, Bubonic Plague.
- 30’s the Gandhi’s Salt March, Pluto discovered, Air Conditioning invented, World War II begins.
- 40’s the Captain America Created, Jeep invented, Ballpoint Pen goes on sale, First Atomic Bomb Tested.
- 50’s the Colored TV introduced, 4 minute mile, Disneyland Opens, McDonalds’ opens, Castro-Cuba.
- 60’s the First James Bond Movie, Johnny Carson, Mini-Skirt appears, Bay of Pigs, Racial Struggles.
- 70’s the disco music, Floppy Disc, VCR introduced, Vietnam pull out, SNL premiers, First Ebola Virus.
It amazes me how fast time goes by and what our memory pulls to the front. Every decade there is good and bad. Why do we think about the past like it is so much better than it is today. Here is another way to look at it, when you were dating did you ever end a relationship and later look back, you want another chance a that great relationship only to remember why you ended it in the first place.
Our mind likes to remember the good.
If you want to move forward live in the now. Where are you right now, and what do you need to do to move forward.