Do you ever write a note to yourself, a reminder of something important?
It does not have to be a big thing to be important.
It may even be something you think about quite often.
I travel and carry a Dry Erase Marker in my bag with my shampoo and shaving kit so I can write on the hotel mirror the key points of my week. Not that I would forget, they are typically a check list of priorities I must keep in the front of my mind.
I write the list most every week Walk, Read, Blog, Text my wife-those four things make the list every time.
It is not because they are routine, but they start my day off right, it is my accountability. By checking them off the mirror it reminds me that I am moving forward each day.
That is what my 10 Seconds Daily is all about.
What does it look like:
- I may only walk 30 minutes, that is 2 miles a day, times 5 days a week, times 52 weeks a year.
- What if I only read 10 pages a day, times 5 days a week, times 52 weeks in a year.
- One blog post a day that reaches 100 viewers, times 5 days a week, times 52 weeks a year.
- One text a day to the one that I love, there is no measure to that value.
What does it look like over times:
- 1 year equals 520 miles walking, 2,600 pages read, 26,000 blog posts page views (ave 200 words per post is 52,0o0 words written).
- 5 years later is mind blowing, 2,600 miles walking, 13,000 pages read, 130,000 page views and 260,000 words written.
What can you do for 10 seconds each day that a year from now you will be glad you did?
Commit to yourself and make something happen.
I have some planning to do, I’m moving forward.
Leave A Comment