Did You Meet The Simple Challenge
25 Nov 2016
Happy Day After Thanksgiving.
I challenged you yesterday to list one thing you were thankful for each hour yesterday. How did you do?
A reminder of the rules: No repeating, look for truly meaningful things with a short reason why you are thankful.
I told you I would post my 24 and here they are:
- I am thankful for my wife who comforts and supports and encourages me.
- I am thankful for the clothes I have that keep me warm.
- I am thankful for the job I have that allows me to care for my family.
- I am thankful for my insurance to take care of my health worries.
- I am thankful for my mind that stores the memories of loved ones that have past.
- I am thankful for the people in my life that encourage me to be the best I can, and remind me who I am.
- I am thankful for the years I spent with Jake/Blanca and Junior (my beloved dogs that have passed).
- I am thankful for my church that grounds me and reminds me who is in charge.
- I am thankful for each day is a gift that should be lived to its fullest, we will never have another just like it.
- I am thankful for my team mates at work as I learn, share and grow.
- I am thankful for my friends who share their dogs with my family.
- I am thankful for the ability to volunteer and give back sharing compassion.
- I am thankful for the ability to read which allows me to learn, adventure and grow each day.
- I am thankful for my past, it has shaped me to be the man I am today.
- I am thankful for the success in my life, it proves that education can be overcome by hard work.
- I am thankful for all of the happiness in my life.
- I am thankful for the freedoms we all share.
- I am thankful for the respect received from those people around me.
- I am thankful that I never go hungry.
- I am thankful for the roof over my head.
- I am thankful for the warm be each night.
- I am thankful for the technology which helps us accomplish our tasks each day.
- I am thankful to get to speak with Rockie each day when I am out of town.
- I am thankful for a loving, forgiving God that gives me hope for an even better tomorrow.
As a bonus I am thankful you are reading this blog.
What does your list look like?
When I look at my list I begin to see we all have so much to be thankful for, our lists could go on once we understand we each may have to dig a little deeper, but we do have a great deal to be thankful for. Could you have written more, I know I could have. Just the ability to read this blog you have a computer, electric and hands and eyes and a mind to process all of this information. I hope you moved forward today by understanding how much you have to be thankful for, go use some of your talents and skills to help someone today.
I hope you each had a warm and safe holiday with joy sprinkled in,
Christmas Season is now open, and I believe it will be a great one!
Thanks for joining me today.