Do you ever want that expert advice, or you are trying hard to draw a line in the sand?
You know what I mean, it’s when you talk to yourself. LOL
We are all communicating with ourselves on a regular basis every day.
After reading an article concerning how we open questions with “what” versus “why” find I have been asking the wrong questions for years.
Think about what we ask ourselves:
- Why can’t I lose weight?
- Why can’t I get a pay raise?
- Why do I keep struggling with the same problems?
- Why do I keep getting in my own way?
These all seem to be reasonable questions. All of these questions have something in common. They are all about what has already happened.
If the events have already happened they are in the past we can not change them.
The real questions we can take action on begin with “what.”
So they might look like this:
- What can I do to lose those few extra pounds?
- What can I do to build value at work?
- What can I do to break this viscus circle?
- What can I do to move forward?
Every one of these statements allow me to move forward.
So if progress is your key, like me.
Then change out your why to what and make some progress today!