Are you ready for a test? Answer the following questions as a starter.
- Have you ever known anyone with carpel tendon issues in their hands from typing on devices? It is a thing!
- Have you ever known anyone having migraines caused by the way they hold their head when working on the computer? It is a thing!
That was not the test. One thing is evident is more people than ever are using electronic hand held devices to communicate. You can see this anywhere, as a matter of fact I walked through the hotel lobby this evening and of the twelve people I saw there were three on computer, and seven texting, or watching on their phone.
Here is the real test.
- How many times a day do you look at your electronic device? FYI-it is estimated the average person looks at their device 2oo times a day.
- Where is your device when you go to sleep? FYI-if it is by your bed when you sleep, it may be time for a intervention.
- What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? FYI-if you pick up your phone first, it may be time for an intervention.
My question, are you hooked is relevant for me. I do sleep with my phone next to my bed and I can rationalize it with several great points.
- I post my blog at 4:30 a.m. each day M-F.
- I check the weather to know how to dress for travel.
- I check to see if I have any new messages on text, Facebook or Linked in.
- I check my emails at work and personal.
- I check my bank account balances.
- I check my Notre Dame scores.
Huh, maybe I need an intervention. It is time to move my charging station from my bedside to my office.
You might ask why, because just like the first points I made I could be damaging my sleep habits by having my phone at my finger tips. And quite frankly I have too much to do to take a chance.
I need my rest so I can make good progress on my days, how about you?
Thanks for spending a few minutes with me today.